Cantina Panaderia
Julian Macassey
2005-04-01 19:17:22 UTC
I have had lunch and breakfast at this restaurant in
Pacific Beach.

The outside looks like an abandoned used furniture
store, the inside looks like an opium den gone high tech.

The general impression is a bark chewing granola place.
Sure, they do have tofu on the menu, but they also have meat and
other tasty treats.

I had their breakfast special on Easter Sunday. This was
salmon, sauteed potatoes, and scrambled eggs. I'm a big eater and
it defeated me. The sauteed potatoes were perfect. Crispy on the
outside, chewey inside.

The girlfriend had the peach pancakes, also superb.

Lunch seems uncrowded, but expect a wait for breakfast on
weekends.

The service is attentive and good. The kitchen seemed a
bit slow, but well worth the wait.

Cantina Panadera
966 Felspar St.
92109
--
"The right to be let alone is indeed the beginning of all
freedom." - Justice William O. Douglas
Jim Lane
2005-04-01 20:13:51 UTC
Post by Julian Macassey
[...]